How a Soft Bamboo Swaddle can Keep Your Baby Cosy at Night
One of the most exciting parts of being a new parent is wrapping your little one into an adorable baby burrito with a swaddle blanket. Swaddles are usually bigger than regular baby blankets, giving you lots of extra fabric to work with. A bamboo swaddle is wonderfully soft and gentle on bub’s skin and can help keep them comfortable in their cots for longer.
Why we Love Bamboo for Baby Swaddles
Babies need fabrics that won’t irritate their delicate skin, and many swaddling blankets are made from blends of natural fibres like bamboo and muslin. A swaddle made from bamboo is gentle, durable, and eco-friendly. Here’s why so many mums are switching to bamboo blankets:
- Silky soft to the touch. A bamboo-muslin blend is up to three times softer than cotton. The softer fibres are less likely to irritate your baby’s skin. Our favourite feature of durable bamboo fabric is how it gets softer with every wash. That means you can wash and rewash your swaddles without fear of wearing them out.
- Breathable and absorbent. Bamboo fabric has a porous structure that wicks moisture away from your baby’s skin to keep them drier on warmer evenings. Air also passes through the cloth effortlessly, helping to regulate the temperature inside the swaddle and keep your baby comfy all year round.
- Naturally hypoallergenic. Bamboo has natural antimicrobial properties, repelling microorganisms that can cause allergies. These properties also help keep the swaddle looking and smelling fresher for longer.
Does Swaddling Benefit Your Baby?
To swaddle or not to swaddle? Many first-time parents are unsure how to swaddle a baby and why swaddling is important. Using a traditional muslin cloth or bamboo swaddle to wrap up your bub for bed has many benefits, including:
- Swaddling can help your baby sleep better. Babies often awaken during the night when they hear unfamiliar sounds due to their natural startle reflex. Keeping their arms and legs tucked snugly in a swaddle can prevent them from accidentally waking themselves and help them sleep more soundly.
- A swaddled baby may self-soothe. Being wrapped up snugly in a swaddle feels like a gentle cuddle for your baby all night long. This feeling makes them feel secure and safe and can help soothe babies with colic or anxiety. Swaddled babies sleep on their backs with their hands over their hearts - a calming position that helps them get back to sleep independently.
- Swaddling creates a safe sleep environment. A swaddled baby sleeps on his back, the safest sleeping position to prevent SIDS. A swaddle eliminates the need for cot pillows, toys, and excess bedding that may pose choking risks. Swaddling secures babies’ arms and prevents them from scratching themselves in their sleep.
Keep Your Bub Comfy With Bamboo Swaddles From baby luno
baby luno supplies high-quality baby blankets and swaddles for little ones across Australia. We’re passionate about sharing our carefully chosen products with new mums and dads to help you give bub the best start in life. Please don’t hesitate to chat with us to find out more.